Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pre Op Visit

Today was the Pre Op Visit for Hadrian. I think it became real today that the surgery is really about to happen. Hadrian says she is okay with it unless she really thinks about the incisions. She and I both are concerned about the pain level after the surgery! Hopefully, the Oxycodone prescribed by Dr. Cullen will keep the pain at a tolerable level!?

So, tomorrow I have to get her temporary handicapped parking permit, get her prescriptions filled, and find leg attachments for the wheelchair I borrowed from my dad. If I can't find leg attachments, then I will have to rent a different wheelchair. Her legs are not allowed to hang down at all. They must be flat or elevated until we go for the Post Op Visit on May 10th! Plus, I need to go to the grocery store and buy all of her comfort foods!

Dr. Cullen assured Hadrian the surgery should go smoothly without complications. Like he said, there are no major arteries or organs near her calves, and she will probably lose no more than two tablespoons full of blood. So, there is not alot of risk for complications. The main concerns are simply that the surgery will work and that Dr. Cullen doesn't clip any nerves!

The office staff told us today that it was difficult to write up her surgical orders because they never do these surgeries! In fact, we had to wait for them to write the orders a second time because the first ones were not correct! And, we were told that Dr. Cullen wants a second physician in surgery with him. I asked if we have to pay for this second doctor in surgery, and yes, of course we do! We will get a separate bill from this unspecified unknown doctor. Lovely!

So, Thursday is the big day at 10 a.m. Hadrian has to check in at 8 a.m. in her gym shorts and house slippers! We will be at Gwinnett Medical in Duluth.

I will let you know how she did when the surgery is over! Please pray for things to go smoothly! We really appreciate your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Put her in my phone so I will be reminded to pray while she is in surgery.

    Blessings,


    Cindy

    ReplyDelete